轻松英语|读《威廉·莎士比亚》初级双语小说连载-15(名著英语)

15
The theatres in London didn’t open again until June 1594.
伦敦的剧院到1594年6月才重新开放。
Will often visited Lord Southampton, but sometimes we went on tour with the company, or spent time at home in Stratford.
威尔常去包房索桑普敦勋爵,偶尔我们也随剧团到各地巡回演出,或者干脆呆在斯特拉福镇。
Will began to spend more time in Stratford, because it was quiet there, and he could do his writing.

威尔开始花更多的时间呆在斯特拉福镇,因为小镇的宁静,他可以安心搞创作。
I never heard what Anne thought about it all.
我从没听到安对此作和想法。
During those years, Will wrote a lot of poetry.
这些年威尔创作了大量的诗歌。
He wrote his beautiful long poem, Venus and Adonis, for his friend Lord Southampton, and he wrote many of his famous short poems, the Sonnets.

他写了诗体绮丽的长诗《维纳斯于阿童尼》献给好友索桑普敦勋爵,而且也创作了许多著名的短诗,十四行诗。
But they didn’t go in book; they were only for his friends to read.
但这些诗歌并没有编辑成书,只供朋友赏读。
One day, when we were back in London,
我们又回到伦敦的一天,
I was reading some of his latest sonnets. Will was out somewhere, and I was at home in our lodgings in Bishopsgate.

我一个人呆在“毕晓普门街”的公寓里,翻阅着他最新创作的一些十四行诗。
A lot of the poems were about a woman, a terrible, black-haired, black-eyed woman.
这组诗大都描写一个女人,一个黑头发、黑眼睛的可怕的女人。
She was cold and cruel, then she was true and loving, and then she was cruel again.
她性情乖张善变,一会儿冷若冰霜,冷酷无情,一会儿又热情洋溢,真诚多情。
For I have sworn thee fair, and thought thee bright.

因为我曾赌咒说你美,说你璀璨。
Who art as black as hell, as dark as night.
你却是地狱一般黑,夜一般暗。
Was Will writing about himself here? I asked myself. And who was this woman, this Dark Lady?
威尔诗中写的是自己妈?我不禁纳闷。这女人是谁?这个黑女人会是谁呢?
未完待续
英语老师属于你了